Thursday, January 01, 2009

What Did YOU Watch?

I'll be the first to admit I haven't done a very good job of keeping up with It's Over TV over the last year or so. Less than 20 posts over the course of a calendar year does not make for a blog worthy of visiting on a regular basis.

Well, HOPEFULLY, that's all about to change.

I'm embarking on a concerted effort to post SOMETHING here each and every day of 2009.

Just typing that on my screen sends shudders down my spine.

BUT. There's a lot going on in the world of broadcasting these days - and not a lot of it is good. Even less of it is excellent. And by gum, we're gonna talk about it.

TV's second season will be upon us soon, and there are some very promising shows in the wings. We've seen other very promising shows wither, wilt and fade away from lingering effects od the writers' strike. We'll chat about both topics in the weeks to come.

Right now, I want to talk about what I and YOU have been watching over the last few months. It'll help me get an idea of where you're coming from, and vice versa.

So, now that '08 is history, here's what I was watching this fall:

MONDAY
Heroes - NBC
Prison Break - FOX
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - FOX
Saving Grace - TNT

TUESDAY
House - FOX
Fringe - FOX

WEDNESDAY
Bones - FOX
Pushing Daisies - ABC

THURSDAY
Smallville - CW
Supernatural - CW
ER - NBC

SUNDAY
The Simpsons - FOX
Family Guy - FOX
American Dad - FOX
Mad Men - AMC
True Blood - HBO

WEEKNIGHTS
Special Report with Brit Hume - FNC
Glenn Beck - Headline News
Craig Ferguson - CBS

The DVR rules in my den. NOTHING is watched live anymore. (That's part of the reason I didn't include times on my list - Heck it's hard to remember what night some of these shows air!)

I find I will dawdle in the kitchen for fifteen minutes just to be able to start a show late and fly through the commercial breaks. For me, it's not that I'm not interested in the commercials - I will back and watch one I haven't seen, or one I want to share - it's about squeezing more into my day. If I can enjoy HOUSE in 45 minutes AND have time to nuke leftovers, the world is a better place than it used to be.

And if I'm busy, maybe Heroes is the only thing that gets viewed on Monday. It could be Saturday before I get all caught up on the week. It's a great thing.

So, what did you watch this fall? (We'll talk about your mid-season plans next time!)

No comments: