Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Jericho: It's a Bomb

JERICHO premiered tonight on CBS.

That's the best thing I have to say about this unfortunate little show.

It never ceases to amaze me how the alleged creative types in BIG TV just don't get it. This show is supposed to be the CBS version of LOST - but it's bulky, flat, derivative, predictable - and very badly written. Hmm, I guess it IS the CBS version of LOST.

This show is living proof that the Suits in BIG TV are more comfortable copying than creating. It's a knockoff, knocked off by people who can't possibly understand what makes LOST work.

This show is sloppy - a sheriff who can't tell the difference between a school bus and a prison bus? Please.

There were a couple of other moments that made me wish I was watching BONES, but I'd rather get on with life.

Congrats, CBS - you've launched yet another crappy show!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it came in only second to Dancing with the Stars last night, and most critics said that the second episode is better than the pilot. Fingers crossed it does well!

Kimosabe said...

Amazingly, JERICHO's numbers built in its second half hour by 8%. I suppose one should never underestimate mediocre TV - CBS has built an entire network around it.