Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Fox News Gets an F

OK, I'm a conservative. I admit it. I'm not ashamed of it.

I listen to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck.

I get most of my news online, though I do enjoy SPECIAL REPORT WITH BRIT HUME on Fox News. I check in on Brit's 'Grapevine' segment and the roundtable discussion every day that my schedule allows.

I believe for the most part, Fox News follows it's motto of "We report, you decide." fairly faithfully. Their dominance in the 24 hours news market is certainly something the Suits at other cable news channels salivate over.

Last week, FNC made a rather serious blunder with the premiere of THE 1/2 HOUR NEWS HOUR, a conservative DAILY SHOW knockoff.

I haven't seen the show - but I did peek at a couple of minutes of it online.

It ain't funny. And while that's a problem all its own, my beef is simply this: it's on the wrong channel.

Irreverent commentary by the host of a discussion program is one thing. But a 30 minute comedy show that skewers one side of the aisle 100% of the time has no business on a 'fair and balanced' news network.

If Rupert Murdock feels a need to air a program like this, he needs to clear a time slot on FX and let FNC do more reporting so I can do more deciding.

At least that's the way I see it.....

No comments: