Sunday, February 04, 2007

This Commercial Brought to You by CBS

Wow. CBS is really whoring up it's Super Bowl pre-game show. I don't think I've ever seen such blatant product placement in a sports show. The first hour was presented by the new Eddie Murphy NORBIT - which means footage from the film was intercut with clips of the Colts and the Bears in the open.

Stuff like that has been happening for quite a while, but I still hate it.

Hour two was presented by Pizza Hut, which resulted in James Brown, Dan Marino and company actually eating a Cheesy Bites pizza from their desks.

I know commercial sponsorships are an important part of the broadcast, but this year, I think maybe CBS has gone too far.

As for the game - well, the last time the Bears played in the Super Bowl, Walter Peyton got a ring - his only one. This year, the Bears are back, but it's Peyton MANNING who's getting the gold.

My guess - Colts 27, Bears 10.

No comments: